Through December 31, 2023 midnight PST
Submission Guidelines -
Submit by Electronic Submission (by Email)
1) Application is filled out. (Submit on a Separate Document)
2) Prefer Stage Play Format, though this format is not required. This is the clearest format for a play reader.
A Link that explains this kind of format is on the bottom on the
right-hand column of this page.
3) Submit PDF's. (Do not submit other formats) If you are having difficulty making or sending a PDF, CONTACT US. We will walk you through the few easy steps to make that happen!
4) Submit two individual PDF's in ONE email:
5) IMPORTANT: Full Contact Information on the cover/title page.
Title, Writer, Address, Phone #, Email Address, Agent-if applicable
6) Brief Synopsis of the play, no longer than 1/2 a page, following the cover/title page.
7) Under the Synopsis, a one or two sentence Log Line (See Prior Contests in the Toolbar - under History - for examples from Winning Scripts)
8) Script pages must be numbered.
9) Brief Character Descriptions.
10) Time and Place.
11) Set Requirements.
12) If multiple settings, include a list of Scenes and their Settings.
13) DO NOT include a Video link of the play.
14) Pay by PayPal OR Credit Card. CLICK here.
15) Be sure to enter your Payment Transaction ID# on the Application Form.
16) The payment made to PayPal and the Script and Application must be received by DECEMBER 31, 2023 @ NewWorksOfMerit@aol.com
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE:
Do NOT include any other materials such as press clippings, poster, graphics, or a biography.
Scripts longer than 2 hours or 90 pages (Stage Play Format)
will be disqualified.
Be sure to include the following in the body of the script, but before the text of the play (Do not email them as separate, individual documents):
- Log Line
- Character Description
- Set Requirements
- Settings by Scene, if more than one setting.
- Time & Place.
Cover letters are not necessary and will not be read as part of the evaluating process.
Remember to submit the Application Form.
Remember to verify your Submission Criteria on the Submission Check List.