MISSION STATEMENT CRITERIA AND VALUES:
- to help playwrights strengthen their script through DETAILED SCRIPT ANALYSIS.
- to assist playwrights of contest-winning and honorable mention scripts to have
their play presented in a public forum.
- to bring these scripts to the attention of producers and artistic directors.
- to seek powerful, heart-felt new works that not only entertain, but also educate,
enlighten, and uplift humanity.
SCRIPT SUBMISSION CRITERIA:
We accept scripts that meet at least one of the following criteria:
1) Enhance self-realization
2) Support peace and social justice
3) Foster new understanding of minority issues that focus on racial, ethnic and gender discrimination both in the United States and abroad
4) Empower youth to build healthy inner foundations
5) Educate to gain further insight into healthy social/emotional living
6) Shed new light on religious, spiritual, sexual, and cultural differences and issues
7) Build respect and tolerance for cultural and sexual expression and identity in a world that is experiencing rapid globalization
8) Explore the widening gap between the values this country was founded on and the values we present to the world today
** The following should be applied to all categories also:
A play about the hardships and horrors of war supports peace.
A play exposing social injustice, without making a statement FOR it, supports social justice.
Such works benefit the local and global community by enhancing self-realization, supporting peace and social justice, and building respect for cultural expression and identity.
* * * * * * * * * *
STRENGTHEN YOUR PLAY WITH A DETAILED CRITIQUE FROM US:
Our Script Evaluations are not broad-stroked; they point out specifics within the play.
We genuinely want to help you strengthen your writing through very detailed critiques.
OUR CRITIQUES FOCUS ON:
Structure, Story Development, Story Arc, Character Development, Character Voice,
Character Arc, Dialogue, Action and Conflict, Script Tone, etc.
A VERY SPECIAL OFFER FOR CONTEST ENTRANTS ONLY!!
We offer a 70% Discount on Script Critiques to Contest Entrants only.
Words of Wisdom from Playwright Lee Blessing
(A Walk in the Woods, nominated for a Tony Award and the Pulitzer Prize):
People are conditioned more and more to look at any entertainment for its
surface values, not at the potential to make people question their values.
We're far less content-driven than we used to be. We need to use forms of
entertainment, particularly theater, as a means to look at ourselves.