Submission Guidelines - Mail Submission
Our Submission Policy is Electronic Submission.
However, we realize that unusual circumstances or computer issues may prevent someone from submitting Electronically.
If you are unable to submit your script Electronically, please fill out the attached email Inquiry Form and let us know what the problem is. We want to make the submission process as easy as possible for you.
If you submit by mail, the following are the Mail Submission Guidelines.
1) Fill out the Inquiry Form, as stated above.
2) We will then provide an address for mailing and a Mail Submission Intake #. Put this number on the top right of the script's cover page.
3) Fill out the Application Form.
4) Prefer Stage Play Format, though this format is not required.
This is the clearest format for a play reader.
A Link that explains this kind of format is also on the bottom of
the right-hand column.
5) Submit copies, not originals.
6) Script is to be securely bound (no clips).
Avoid spiral binding & hard cover loose-leaf binders if possible.
Avoid Acco Solid Brass Fasteners; they cut fingers and don't hold up well with multiple readers.
Prefer Oxford Clear-Front Report Covers
A Link that explains this kind of binder is on the bottom
of the right-hand column.
7) Full Contact Information on the cover/title page.
Title, Writer, Address, Phone #, Email Address, Agent - if applicable
8) Brief Synopsis of the play, no longer than 1/2 a page, bound into script. **
9) Under the Synopsis, a two sentence Log Line (See Prior Contests in the Toolbar for examples.)
10) Script pages must be numbered.
11) Brief Character Descriptions, bound into script. **
12) Time and Place, bound into script. **
13) Set Requirements, bound into script. **
14) If multiple settings, include a list of Scenes and their Settings, bound into the script. **
15) DO NOT include a DVD of the play.
16) Pay by PayPal OR Credit Card OR send a CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER. To Pay: CLICK here.
17) If paid by PayPal OR Credit Card, be sure to enter your Payment Transaction ID# on the Application Form.
18) Mail to the address provided with your Script Intake #.
19)The Script and Application must be mailed by June 30, 2017. This is a post-mark date.
* * We will email you to acknowledge receipt of your Script and Application.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE:
Submission materials will not be returned.
Do NOT include any other materials such as press clippings or a biography.
Scripts longer than 2 hours or 90 pages (Stage Play Format)
will be disqualified.
** Be sure to include the following, all Bound into the front of the script:
- Log Line
- Character Description
- Set Requirements
- Settings by scene, if more than one setting.
- Time & Place.
If you do not have a way to bind them to the script, you may staple them behind the cover page.
Any paperwork NOT bound into the script will be filed with the Application and will not be considered in the evaluation process.
Cover letters are not necessary to send as they will be filed with the Application.
Remember to submit the Application Form
Remember to verify your Submission Criteria on the Submission Check List.
Put Script, Application, and Payment (if paying by check or money order) in one envelope.
Mail the script to the address we will provide.